1. Annual CHECK UPS at a good vet and take them to the vet when they look hurt or unwell.
2. Annual VACCINES and keep the record on hand for FOLLOW UPS. Two vaccines are required for the first time.
3. DE-WORM AND DE-FLEA – Broadline does both when there are fleas in their coat and worms in their stools.
4. FeLV/FIV snap TEST is highly recommended at first and annually for outdoor cats.
5. ANNUAL CLEANING OF TEETH and extractions of bad teeth – NO SCRAPS, FISH, LIVER, CHEAP OR SOFT FOOD.
6. Ensure that there is always FRESHWATER available and feed only dried CATFOOD from your vet – NO MILK.
7. Indoor cats must have SIFTED LITTER daily, the container MUST BE ‘JIK-ED’ and the litter must be replaced, after 3 days.
8. ALWAYS travel kitties in a SAFE CARRIER it can also double up as a sleeping den with blankies.
9. Kitties must be kept SAFE, DRY, AND WARM you can leave a window open for the loo (a cat flap is good). Get your outdoor kitties inside from 8 pm to 5 am (6-6 is even better).
10. Especially indoor kitties need toys, jungle gym, etc – everybody needs STIMULATION.
11. Naturally, a GOOD NAME is important, so too a MASSAGE GLOVE for calmness.
12. NEVER SELF-MEDICATE WITH HUMAN MEDICINE it is TOXIC! always ask your vet.
13. MALES AND FEMALES MUST BE STERILISED AT SIX MONTHS OF AGE – NO KITTENS!
14. NEVER SCREAM AT OR ASSAULT your kitties.
15. Kitties are SELF-CLEANING – only use pet shampoo on their bodies.
16. Long-haired kitties MUST BE BRUSHED with a natural brush as per your breeder or vet, we all love to be brushed.
17. Do WEEKLY CHECKS – clean ears, bum, paws, teeth, nose, and eyes, check for swollen glands under the jaw and all over.
18. PLAY WITH US, CUDDLE, STROKE, CHAT SWEETLY – show you love us!
19. FOOD AND LITTER must be placed FAR APART
20. ALWAYS ASK YOUR VET OR BREEDER FOR ADVICE AND SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS – the internet is not always accurate